Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Responsibility?

This new concept has hit me pretty hard now that I am Fijian and time has completely lost its meaning, but finally after 2 days of cancellations and meaningless classes first week classes I had my initial class today. Really I cannot say I was impressed with the teacher. When she first showed up the doors were locked to the room, and let me tell you this was completely unacceptable. The lady who came to unlock the door was just getting an earful from my professor about how unbelievably ludicrous it is to have to go and find someone to unlock the door before a class, and blah blah blah. I found it very hard not to laugh at her attitude, which I did when she wasn't looking of course, because I thought she really blew this out of proportion. Unfortunately because of her boisterous entry into the room I felt it very difficult to converse with my classmates, something that rather disappointed myself, but there will always be more classes.

I was actually reminded of a very important detail about my trip and that is I am a proud owner of 2 man skirts called sulus. One I received as a gift from the international student organization on campus. I wore this around a number of times, but decided I was in need of an upgrade when another man skirt wearing friend of mine and I got a lot of awkward compliments from the women around the markets and stuff. It was a constant "nice sulu" and then hidden chuckle. We concluded the only way people would seriously compliment us so often is if we were being mocked. Then we figured we were wearing girl sulus, but had no idea. At that point I really haven't seen any other male wearing a colorful one. So that day we found a couple of formal sulus which is made of the same material as slacks. Super comfortable let me tell you. I don't have a choice but to wear this back in the states because it is so awesome.

I am truly afraid of school because I cannot figure out if it is going to be hard or not. I'm guessing I will soon find out. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment